editorial and lifestyle photographers

10 Jan 2013

Icon...making light work for you!

by Vicky Matthers

Last night I spent a couple of hours in Leeds city centre continuing the project that I started last year with Leeds Metropolitan University capturing the city at night (see my earlier blog from 5th January 2012).

The weather was fine and not too cold so the perfect opportunity to get out and about.  Linda and I decided to start down by the canal near the Round Foundry office space and work our way up in to the centre of Leeds.  We only made it as far as the railway bridge, part way along the canal!  It's such a beautiful part of Leeds especially at night, it seems to come alive.

After watching lots of cyclists whizz by on their way home and seeing the trails of light that they left behind from my ten second exposures, I thought it might be a good idea to try some light trails of our own...check out Linda's handiwork with my iphone torch app below!


What fun we had!  Below are some of the other pictures from last night: