editorial and lifestyle photographers

3 Sept 2013

Sweets, glorious sweets!

by Vicky Matthers

I have a massive sweet tooth, so when I was asked a few weeks ago to photograph 'The Dalesman Cafe and Sweet Emporium' I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

It started off a typical Yorkshire summers day, glorious sunshine on my drive over through the dales only to be replaced by thick cloud and the threat of rain on arrival at the job.  The sweet emporium is amazing and full of an assortment of different colours, shapes and sizes.

The brief was to photograph the owner Linda in the cafe and over the counter of the sweet shop.  The light was a little sparse but I didn't want to use lots of flash as I felt the place would lose some of it's magic so decided to use my Quadra lights on modelling and use any available light that I could find. Here are the results: