editorial and lifestyle photographers

15 Jul 2011

Time Lapse

by Vicky Matthers

Last Wednesday morning I got a call from Kat who works on our picturedesk in Leeds to say that she had managed to get us access to the roof of the town hall to film some stock footage of Leeds city centre....result!!!

Off I dashed with all the kit I needed, I managed to get a fluid head tripod from Graham at the Flash Centre at short notice!  I squeezed it all into two bags, one for the tripod and the other backpack for my camera (Canon 5d mark II) a couple of different lenses and the sound equipment.  I figured that I would be having to climb some stairs as the Town Hall is a very old building I just didn't realise that there were approx. 263 (no I didn't count them I was too knackered to think!)

After I had recovered I shot the video footage and stills shots that I wanted but had an idea to try and shoot a quick time lapse sequence as a test whilst I was there...


I am hoping to get back up there later in the year to do a time lapse at dusk, unfortunately the Town Hall doesn't stay open late enough to try one in the summer.  Still, I guess it gives me plenty of time to get to the gym and improve my fitness...!